Facial Procedures for Men
Men’s facial aesthetics has turned into a booming industry. With each passing year, we find that more and more men are seeking preventative, rejuvenative, and corrective treatments. At the Centre for Plastic Surgery in Grand Rapids, our tenured physicians and skin care staff specialize in both surgical facial procedures and highly effective medically based non-invasive procedures.
Top Surgical Facial Procedures for Men
- Face Lift– Also known as rhytidectomy, the face lift is a surgical procedure that lifts sagging skin, tightens facial muscles, and removes excess pockets of fatty tissue. It will create an appearance of tighter facial muscles, tauter, less wrinkled skin, and will generally reduce the effects of gravity that make the face appear tired and aged.
- Submental Liposuction– Many men find that they develop a fuller looking chin over time that leads to the appearance of a “waddle” that they find less than desirable. During liposuction, the surgeon targets specific deposits of fat in the chin, sculpting and contouring the patient’s submental area to achieve more youthful looking, aesthetically pleasing, and defined jawline.
- Rhinoplasty– Genetics, injuries, and other factors can all lead to a desire for nose surgery. Rhinoplasty is a surgery procedure designed to reshape the nose, whether for cosmetic or for reconstructive purposes. It has been one of the most popular procedures for men in the US for quite some time. A rhinoplasty procedure may vary significantly from patient to patient, and is often customized to meet a patient’s specific needs.
- Eyelid Lift– Blepharoplasty, or eyelid lift- is a procedure designed to remove and reposition the fat, muscle, and skin surrounding the eye to create a tighter, more alert and youthful look. In some cases, when sagging of the eyelids is extreme, patients find that their eyesight is improved after blepharoplasty, due to the removal of the obstruction.
Top Non-Surgical Facial Procedures for Men
- Non-Invasive Fat Reduction– CoolSculpting and Kybella have swiftly become top procedures for men nation wide. These revolutionary treatments quickly and easily reduce unwanted fat deposits. Both of these procedures are FDA- cleared to target fat cells in the neck and chin (along with other areas of the body).
- Microneedling– SkinPen Microneedling (a.k.a. collagen induction therapy) is quick and effective way to treat all the visible signs of aging and other skin damage such as acne scarring. With very little downtime and minimal at home maintenance, many men find it to be a fantastic skin care treatment option.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing– This is a process by which the outer layer of skin is removed using a specialized laser tool, eliminating fine lines, discoloration, and other signs of aging and damage, and subsequently revealing smoother, more even, and more youthful looking skin underneath. The procedure can also minimize small scars such as acne scarring. Many men seek Laser Skin Resurfacing as a corrective measure for previous scaring or as a rejuvenative option for smoother, tighter, younger looking skin.
- Wrinkle Reducing Injections– Botox Cosmetic and Dysport injections are virtually painless, brief, and highly efficacious modalities for a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. According to a 2016 study from the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, men are the recipients of almost 10 percent of the total number of wrinkle reducing injections in the US, up 337 percent since 2000.
A daily skin care program at home is just as important as in-office treatment. Our highly trained injection specialists and aestheticians will recommend products that are specifically formulated to meet the needs of men’s skin. We are highly selective in the products we carry—we aim to make sure every product we recommend delivers the best results and fits your unique lifestyle.
Email or call The Centre for Plastic Surgery today for more information about all your non-surgical skin care treatment choices. We provide our services across Grand Rapids, Battle Creek, Kalamazoo, Cadillac, and Traverse City, Michigan.